These I Believe
- Work to exhaustion when you’re young.
- Overnight success takes years.
- There is only one way to receive a compliment. “Thank you.”
- You can wait and wait for the right time to pull the trigger, but no time is ever perfect. Leap.
- There is no higher purpose than making other people smile.
- Health is more than the absence of disease.
- You have to be able to make the most of solitude, and you also have to be willing to squander it. These can be the same thing sometimes.
- Karma pays out over generations, not months.
- Salmon is just the best fish. Bake it in foil.
- Smart people are smart because they read.
- No one cares about your acting process.
- It is shameful to repeat a funny line because it wasn’t heard the first time. Let it go.
- When you’re not practicing, someone else is. And when you meet him, he will beat you.
- People love lists.
- We don’t need monsters because we have bears.
- There has to be a universal truth, because love is always right. Before there was anything else, there was already love.
- Every child born is a genius.